Terms And Conditions
Your child’s enrolment and lessons at Writers Studio School of English (The School) is subjected to the terms and conditions as listed below. Parents are requested to sign on the Terms and Conditions in recognition of their acceptance, which will apply upon enrolment at The School.
SECTION 1 – REFUNDS
1. In the event of a course termination, there shall be no refund of course fees. The student shall continue to attend lessons until the end of the prevailing term. Under all circumstances to protect the interest of the teacher who has committed his or her time to the student. However, the deposit will be refunded subjected to the liability that the client has accumulated for the lesson service provided (such as lost library book). Refund will be made entirely by cheque to the client's account.
2. A deposit equivalent to two lessons' fee will be payable at the time of registration. This shall be refundable subjected to clause 1 above.
SECTION 2 – PAYMENT OPTIONS
The payment modes available include:
2. Fund Transfer to:
· DBS Current Account (014-026879-0)
· OCBC Current Account (647 -043132-001) (Indicate the transaction reference number through email to or send screenshot to 8399 3997.
3. Cheque addressed to “WRITERS STUDIO PTE. LTD.”. Indicate the student’s full name and parent’s contact number on the back of the cheque.
- min. $500 payable, no transaction fee
- below $500, transaction fee 2.8%
- above $500, transaction payable fee
6. PayPal (transaction fee of 3.7% shall be borne by the customer)
SECTION 3 – COURSE FEES AND PAYMENT OF COURSE FEES
1. Course fees must be paid in full at the time of signing the Enrolment Agreement or before the first lesson whichever is easier. The School reserves the right to suspend the student from the lesson until the tuition fee is paid.
2. All course fees are inclusive of course materials. Extra materials require may be chargeable.
3. A receipt will be issued for collection in person or by post. Please retain the receipt for verification purposes.
4. The School reserves the right to terminate class attendance of uncooperative clients and no refunds will be made.
5. All payments made are strictly non-refundable, non-transferable and non-negotiable.
6. Library books should be returned within the stipulated loan period to avoid liabilities. In the event that a library book is lost, the cost of purchasing a replacement book will be charged to the client.
SECTION 4 – ABSENCE/ MAKE-UP LESSONS
1. A student is entitled to three (3) make-up lessons per course term with valid reasons. Do contact 64693997 / 83993997 should your child require special arrangement due to medical or travel reasons. Supporting documents must be furnished before approval.
2. Course terms are segmented into 4 periods: January to March, April to June, July to September and October to December.
3. Unutilised make-up lessons for English cannot be used for other subjects or course and vice versa nor be transferred to another student.
4. There is strictly no make-up lesson nor fee credit if a student is absent for the 4th time in a term subjected to any prevailing medical / travelling arrangements. In this case, the lesson notes will be distributed to the student.
5. Make-up lessons will be offered on a best-effort basis subjected to The School discretion and class availability. If offered, it must be attended or forfeited.
6. Make-up lessons cannot be accumulated, carried forward to the next term or refunded.
7. There will not be any lessons conducted on New Year’s Day, Chinese New Year and Christmas Day.
8. The School might convert its regular classes during the School Holidays into Holiday Programmes. Regular students will automatically subscribe for the Holiday Programmes if there are no deviations in schedules from their regular classes.
SECTION 5 - CLASS SIZE AND LESSON BOOKINGS
There is a maximum headcount for each teacher. Make up class size is limited and follows a criteria for the optimal conduct of each lesson. Parents should seek alternative lesson day for make up with another teacher if a particular make-up day is unavailable.
SECTION 6 – ILLNESS AND MEDICAL CARE
1. A child showing symptoms of illness will be given a mask or sent home immediately if the case is severe.
2. If your child has contracted any childhood diseases, such as chicken pox, hand, foot and mouth disease or measles, you must notify the staff and keep him or her at home until the quarantine period is over.
SECTION 7 – RECORDINGS
1. Parents and students are not allowed to make photographic, video and/or other recordings inside our classrooms or premises unless you have obtained prior consent from The School.
SECTION 8 - ACADEMIC YEAR & CLOSURE
1. The full academic year commences on the first week of January. The end of the academic year will be advised by The School before the end of the 3rd term in view of the respective schools’ examination dates.
2. The School runs an on-going curriculum during the June and December school holidays. Students are required to attend the scheduled lessons as per normal during the school holidays and are liable to pay for the corresponding course fees if the academic term is signed up for.
SECTION 9 – WRITERS STUDIO’S RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. The School reserves the rights to change the tutors if it deems necessary and conduct the programs and classes in a manner it deems professional and appropriate.
2. All transportation fee within a 1.7-km radius is not chargeable and provided that it is stipulated within the transportation time.
SECTION 10 - IDEMNITY
1. While The School and its Staff will exercise the utmost care and precautions to ensure the safety of every student during classes, parents accept that mishaps and accidents may occur due to circumstances beyond The School’s control. Therefore, all parents agree that The School cannot be held liable for such incidents and will hold harmless or indemnify The School against such liability.
2. Parents or guardians will accept full liability for any damage caused by the student to premises where programmes are conducted.
3. The School will not be responsible or liable for the loss of any personal property in The School premises.
4. Upon the dismissal of classes, The School will not be responsible for the whereabouts of the students. Hence, The School seeks the kind cooperation of all parents and guardians. Herein thereof, parents are advised to take note of their children’s dismissal times and arrange for prompt pick-up.